The Sahel Research Group organizes regular seminars on Friday from 11:45 to 12:45. Our seminars are open to everyone interested in the Sahel.
– April 20. Ambassador Alexander M. Laskaris, Dimo Sanchez, Russ Schiebel (US Department of State, AFRICOM). Please note the change of venue. The Sahel seminar will exceptionally take place at Center for African Studies, in the conference room, Grinter Hall from 11:45 to 12:45.
– March 30, 2018. Dr Alex Thurston (Georgetown University). Iyad and Alghabass: The Shifting Boundaries of Jihadism in Northern Mali.
– March 2, 2018. Dr Fallou Ngom (Boston University), Dr Fiona McLaughlin (University of Florida). Ajami and other writing systems in the Sahel.
– February 16, 2018. Dr Matt Kirwin (US Department of State). Insecurity and Migration in the Sahel.
– December 15, 2017. Lt Col Yssouf Traoré (Malian army and US Army War College). Perspectives on the Malian army and the G5 Sahel.
– October 20, 2017. Ibrahim Yahaya Ibrahim (University of Florida). Pastoralism and Jihadism in the Sahel.
– October 13, 2017. Awa Doucouré (Gaston Berger University). Higher Education Reforms in Senegal.
– September 15, 2017. Dr Olivier Walther (University of Florida). Cities and Borders in West Africa.
For more information, please contact Ibrahim Yahaya Ibrahim